Velvet Manicure trend is everywhere recently and everyone is going va-va-voom over it, including us!
It's actually very similar to the Caviar manicure but this is way cooler ;) (We actually find the Caviar Manicure a tad bit disgusting ><)
Now, for those who have no idea what we're talking about, here is the step-by-step guide on how to get your own DIY Velvet Manicure:
What you need:
- Nail polish (of course!) Any color will work, even the clear ones. But i do think applying the same color nail polish with the flocking powder works best.
- Flocking Powder (Velvet fiber that you apply on top of the basecoat)
- Clipper (to extract the flocking powder and distribute evenly on your nails)
- Brush (to brush off excess flocking after application)
1. Apply clearcoat to all of your fingers.
2. Doing ONE NAIL at a time, apply a THICK second coat of nail polish. Sprinkle flocking powder over the nail and distribute evenly.
3. Press down on the nail to make sure the flocking powder adheres. Repeat this on the rest of your nails.
4. Leave it to dry after application. DO NOT wet your fingers for at least 6 HOURS.
Super simple ay??? If you do it correctly it might last you for a good 2 to 3 days, dish-washing and laundry however are a big NO-NO if you want it to last:)
So go on and try it out today! ;)